Downloads: 440
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackdaw View Post
No idea if I'm right here, but since I did not find any grief box ...:
- Another problem -

Ultimate0.8 -
Coastal Merchant [NKSQ] - Draft:

Recently, NOV. 1944, I wanted to do a couple of test shots with contact and magnetic pistol. Target was the Coastal Merch. Six perfect shots around the recommended depth settings; all missed?
I was excited! Little annoyed, I set another torpedo at 2.60 m - hits, destroyed! Now suspicious, I searched.

The NKSQ.cfg gives the draft at 5.48 m / 17.97 (18) ft. ID Book 5.50 m. The cfg also points out that the NKSQ uses the Taihosan model. Taihosan cfg gives the draft at 3,70 m/12,13 (12) ft.

Maybe this little thing could be fixed in a next version of the mod, Thanks!

P.S .: Will not try for long now. Is it sufficient to change the NKSQ cfg accordingly or are other files affected?
Quote:
Originally Posted by torpedobait View Post
I believe all 3 of the "Ada Maru" type freighters/auxillary ships have a draft problem as well. The manual claims something over 20' (I don't have it handy right now, so this is strictly from memory), but it takes a torpedo setting of 10' to get a hit. I also think this is a known issue that Propbeanie said would be addressed in a subsequent release. I'm just bringing it up as a reminder.
You are correct torpedobait. More RecMan changes in this next release, which has been in the incubator for a bit now. RR was attempting to install Win10 on his computer. Hopefully, it did not trash what he already had set-up... - but anyway, we're most likely not going to correct to perfection, even if we could, all of the entries in the RecMan, due to what RR refers to as the "fog of war" factor, where there were typos in the RecMan the skippers had. Bad mast heights, bad lengths, bad depths, etc., not forgetting the mis-identification thing. By 1944, you would think they would have made quite a few corrections, but the skippers themselves kept crib sheets and notes in their books... not that there weren't some actual "mistakes" added-in by the FotRSU team to compound the issue. - I've made enough for a whole 16-man team - and there aren't near that many on the FotRSU team...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote