Thread: [TEC] No clouds
View Single Post
Old 03-22-18, 11:20 AM   #13
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

The MIS files engines847, are in the "GameFolder/ Data/ Campaigns/ CampaignGE/ CampaignData" folder. However, a couple things:

1. That usually is NOT the problem. Starting a Career will usually result in a "fresh" start, which includes the weather. Generally speaking, that includes sunshine and minimal clouds. As the game progresses, the weather will change. There is a "default" value for that somewhere, but I do not recall where. Usually speaking, after you're out a few days, you see the weather changing. On the Fleetboat side, I took off for Empire Waters from Pearl, nary a cloud in the sky for almost 10 days. Then it clouded-up, seas got rough, and we went into typhoon mode all within about a 12 hour period. Then it stormed for over 10 days and went right back to idyllic weather, unless you're driving a submarine in enemy-infested waters, trying to sink something and not be seen so well as to get sunk yourself...

2. You've got a Steam install in Win7. I've got that for SH5 and SH3. Steam can seem to be a bother when attempting to mod the game. However, it's a Windows issue... Where do you have the game installed? If you are in "C:\Program Files (x86)\ Steam...", we'll have you move it elsewhere (Steam "Library"). Let us know where you have the game installed and we'll go from there with that...

There was something else I was going to ask you, but oldmanitis strikes again, and the thought fell out of my ears onto the floor and runnd-off on me - that's "R-U-N-D, O-F-T...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote