View Single Post
Old 05-08-20, 07:00 AM   #18
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 440
Uploads: 2

I agree ETR2(SS). However, even Granny gets confused when her "Quilting With Barbra" Windows XP era proggy short-cut is removed from her desktop, and all file associations with the app, such as "Barbraz.QWB" files lose their "link" to the main app. Why Win10Home wants to mess with user settings like that is beyond me. But it is what it is...

@ Mad Mardigan: the only things I do differently is that I have a JSGME.exe copy and a MultiSH4.exe copy in each of my copied SH4's folders. With LAA, you have to drill to the proper folder anyway, so it is "independent" and can be anywhere, but I do have it in the "root" Game folder. I also "test" my copy prior to modding, since I was going through all of those steps previously, only to find that I ended up going to a black screen as soon as the 3D world tried to come in. My guess with that is that Win10Home got rid of the Steam DirectX v9.0c install, or the game's dll, and no amount of finagling with Steam would bring it back in for the games. I should have looked for the d3d files in my installs, I suppose. That would have helped. So that's just an assumption.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote