Thread: Base Time 2018
View Single Post
Old 11-20-18, 08:41 AM   #4
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

I do know that you can get "different" results when traveling East / West across the "time zones" and Saving the game. Thanks for that Front Runner - and you also passed the "typo test" with "Through" thrown in there for "Throw"... sorry 'bout that... It makes one wonder how the computer's clock and maybe multi-cores affects the game's "time" routines.

Edit: Now, I know this is easier to accomplish on a Win 8 or 10 machine, but on my Win7-64, you have to jump through hoops to run the Window Program Compatibility applet. You can get to it easiest from a "Search" on "Program Compatibility" or by right-clicking on the SH4.exe file, and choosing "Troubleshoot compatibility" about the middle of the top section of the context menu. Or you can go the long way and choose Properties, then the Compatibility tab, then the "Help me choose the settings" link, which brings up a dialog that then won't find SH4.exe, so you then have to "Browse" and choose it. Windows will then come up with a "solution" with settings for "Windows XP (Service Pack 2)". Since I've got multiple installs of Fall of the Rising Sun on my computer, I'll try and let my sub run North all night, beginning tonight, and see what I get with a WinXP SP2 setting on my computer, and get back with you Front Runner...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna

Last edited by propbeanie; 11-20-18 at 09:09 AM.
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote