Old 01-26-20, 11:03 PM   #394
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 440
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kongo Otto View Post
Sorry, my bad. Should work now.
I saw it "Live!" for a little while, but couldn't get the time to watch, but it is back to like a private vid. However, I did see it was your equipment screen, and no SJ radar. We've been digging deep into the files the last couple of weeks because of weird strangeness. We fix one thing, and like whac-a-squirrel, the little nutz pop their heads up elsewhere... We'll keep digging.

Quote:
Originally Posted by von Zelda View Post
I did not ID any of the planes; went under water as soon as they appeared on radar.

My guess, a task force with scout planes so I deviated from my westerly course to the north by some 200+ nm since the first plane would originate from the north and then soon would return from the south on a parallel course. Couldn't find a thing, so I turned toward Japan. Sailed through the same area on the return trip to Midway and experienced the same aircraft traffic.
I am posting a big (for me) image here, to illustrate a few things about the game. First of all, the game cheats. It knows what is going on every where around the world at all times - it has to. Second of all, the AI never makes math mistakes. If you are at 160Ex30N at 1000 hours, you will not be that far away from there by 1100 hours, and the game will put another airplane on to your possible locations. Big thing to remember, the game cheats... - that can be controlled somewhat with the airstrike.cfg. We might try to stretch things a little one way or another. In the meantime, that picture:

Japan is to the upper left, Marcus and your sub's location near the middle, Wake and Midway to the right. An important thing to remember, is that radio communication between the enemy vessels, land and air units is impeccable. Remember, the game cheats... - so if anything "enemy" sees your submarine, they phone home and tell their buddies where you are and which direction you are going. So if you sail too close to Wake and you are seen, headed west, they tell the fellers on Marcus, who are only too happy to come find you, time and time again.

This applies to SH3, SH4 and SH5. 500nm is not too far for an airplane to fly in the game. Remember, they have a nearly endless supply of them... Maybe we'll make the squadrons smaller...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote