View Single Post
Old 01-26-20, 03:43 PM   #391
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 440
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfcat View Post
My periscope is too big. The top and bottom 1/4 gets cut off by the screen. Any mod to scale the periscope to fit my screen?
The game was written to a 1024x768 pixels, 4:3 ratio display. If you have an LCD monitor, you want to use the "Native" resolution, which Windows designates as "recommended" in the display dialog for Windows itself. So match your video card and Windows to the display's "Native" resolution. Then, in the game, Options menu, Graphic Settings, near the upper-left is a drop-down box with an arrow, and you want to scroll through that list and choose the same display settings for the game, as what you have set in Windows. As an example, I have a 1920x1080 16:9 monitor. that 1920x1080 is the "Native" setting. So when I look in my nVidia GTX 560 Ti settings, it shows "1920x1080 60Hz (recommended)", so that is my choice. In the game, when I open the Graphic Settings page, the first choice is "1024x768 @ 60Hz", but if I scroll down toward the bottom of the list, there are "3840x 2160 @ 40Hz" and "1920x1080 @ 60Hz" choices that are "highlighted" at yellow. I choose the 1920x1080 of course, "Apply", are you sure? "Yes", "Back", exit the game and re-start it so that the changes take effect, and then the game matches the computer, which matches the LCD display...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kongo Otto View Post
Can rule that out, no SJ radar available in port.
Please take a look here:
The video is marked as "Private" apparently, and I cannot view it. Sorry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by von Zelda View Post
I transversed an area (approx 200nm x 200nm) twice, in late March & early April, 1942 on the way to and from Japan, that's in the middle of the Pacific Ocean that has considerably heavy Japanese north & south air traffic.

General location is just north of 160-degrees east and 30-degrees north in the middle of the Pacific. The area is located north of Wake Island and 625nm northeast of Marcus Island, the nearest land mass.

Does the heavy aircraft traffic at these dates correspond to any known battles near this location? Just curious.
No battles that I am aware of... Can you tell if those are carrier-based planes? In addition to some "historical" traffic, there is also the RGG (Random Generated Group) traffic, and you might be encountering a CV Task Force... If there are a bunch of float planes, then you might be near a battle group with scout planes, or a seaplane tender or two. If you are seeing Betty planes, those are land-based and should not be out in the middle of nowhere...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote