View Single Post
Old 11-23-19, 10:46 AM   #138
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 440
Uploads: 2

Could be... I'll look through my GFO and see about that one. In the meantime, I have run through the edited scenario three times now, and it seems to be functioning as intended now. When I did the first two runs, I went North and encountered the 1st group just south of the shoals the first time, sank a Minekaze, and got chased and sunk by all of the others. Second time, I waited (both times, I dove when the fishing boats came along) for the group to come to me after I went northeast just a pinch. Got into the group, came up to PD, shot all 6 bow tubes at 3 DD, and then 2 rear tubes at the same Minekaze from the first run, and sank the same Minekaze... Five of six hits, all five duds from the bow tubes. Yikes! got chased and sunk by all the rest again...

So I gave up on trying that side, and just went east on the third run, and found the Naka group just east of the Westward Isands... (??). I closed on the surface until about 9k yds, to the south and east, then dove to radar depth, then to PD as they closed. I could see most of the group rather well in the periscope, and shot when the Naka was really close. For whatever reason, the Asashio DD had dropped back, and almost immediately after the Naka took a hit under the bridge (first hit was to the engines), the weather kicked-up nicely, with lots of wind and chop, so I turned the bow tubes to the starboard Asashio, the bow pointed at the port Asashio. I sank the starboard DD, but it did take three hits, the last from uncomfortably close range... hmmmm. The others turned and ran... ?? Pix, or it didn't happen, right? As information, I turned off duds, and was using auto-targeting, else I would probably have "died" again...

As info, if there were egregious errors, we would do a temporary patch until we could make the next full release, but we do try to avoid patches. We should have a full release out soon. Watch the first page of the thread for announcements - Post #5 - issues and possible fixes are also listed there.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote