Old 01-24-23, 01:35 PM   #2684
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antoine02483 View Post
Thanks man ! indeed I'm on Steam

As I tried to verify if the patch is installed or not, I think I reached the problem : The patch installer says : "There is no version of SH5 on your computer" so it seems to be a downloading problem but except uninstall-install again and again hoping that it'll work one day, I don't have a clue of what doing next

Also, as i only have 1 drive, I can't find a way to put SH5 out of the x68 steam folder (due to this stupid steam limitation of 1 library per drive), I found tips to overpass this limitation but it seems that Steam made it harder now and, as I'm not really good at modifing files on my own to make it work, I'm quite stuck for the moment...

It's really strange because I've already installed the game and later WOWS on my previous computer 2-3 years ago and it worked perfectly fine
Refer to

Steam Support :: Moving a Steam Installation and Games (steampowered.com)
Moving a Steam Installation and Games corrected link on Win10 machine

on the Steam Support site. If you have a lot of Steam games, it will be a major pain in backside. If only SH5, no big deal to re-install and change the install path for Steam itself. There are also ways to "fake" Steam into making a new Library folder on your main drive, but I cannot find the other fellows post for that just now... Seems to me it is down in the SH4 threads though.

btw - I hate Windows 11... this page REFUSES to cooperate with the way I used to copy and paste links... In Windows 10 or earlier, no such trouble... In Win11, what I type does not matter. Things are formatted however the MS Wizards decide they will be... If the link works, fantastic, else, I'll keep trying...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna

Last edited by propbeanie; 01-24-23 at 09:46 PM. Reason: Edited 2nd link in Win10 to prove to myself... lol
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote