View Single Post
Old 07-05-17, 09:05 AM   #2
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 440
Uploads: 2

That looks like a portion of a "swap" file the game uses while running. The "devel" folder (appropriately named here) would be for "developer" or "development". The "cpp" file would be a C++ source file, which would have been "compiled" into the game. So you went into a development error stub somehow.

I don't remember which of my computers I've got my copy installed on, and it's been forever since I took 'er out for a spin, but I do not remember ever getting anything close to that error. I think I've got it in an XP install... Do you have any other additional files added to the game, besides the patch?

That looks to be a Microsoft DirectX file dated Jan 9 that throws the error - maybe. Does a copy of DirectX come with the game (I don't remember)? If so, did you install it? Like the later SH games that have DirectX 9c, you might be missing a part of DirectX if you don't install it?? Some one of the other members will have to help further... I don't even remember if the Program Files (x86) folder is a problem with SH2 / DC, like it is with SH3, 4 & 5, but I would guess it is.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote