View Single Post
Old 07-09-20, 06:52 AM   #18
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 440
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaleunMarco View Post
first off, thank you for sharing what you know.
and for that i will share what i know.
quid pro quo in its highest form.

i did some testing and i am still not sure of the formula for success with photo missions.
PhotoValue Renown of Ship that triggers success
900 900
4000 40000
2120 40000
212 2120
900 2120
50 3300
50 2200
50 4100
50 150 - Not
50 200 - Not
50 500 - yes

clearly more testing is needed.
OR
someone who has the secret formula needs to come forward so that i don't have to waste time figuring out the secret formula.
I'll see if I can find my notes somewhere here today, because I found more evidence yesterday of more Photo Missions the US subs did, over and above the fourteen sets of panoramic beach shots, and I have come up with an idea for the "Hollywood" missions, so I'll be digging through a bunch of earlier attempts and hopefully find my notes. The easiest way to "think" of it, is 10% of a given ship's value will work. The only problem with that is the ship itself. If it is sunk, then you might have a bit of trouble finding a ship worth the same amount of points. But that is the only way to have a particular ship as the "target" of the photo (it would be best to have it purposely built with it in the scenario)... When you throw that "threshold" value in there, then you can really mess up what would have been a working PhotoValue. For me, the main frustration is there is no error catching, and no way to know what will happen until you run the scenario... I know there is a post on SubSim here somewhere about the "formulae" to use, but I sure can't find it... I found Beery's old advise of "lock on target, take pictures", but that's it...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote