View Single Post
Old 08-03-20, 07:29 PM   #1598
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 441
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mios 4Me View Post
Hmm, must be one of those PH things. COMSUBSOWESTPAC was so happy with our early patrol performance that we were expressly given discretion to return to base or patrol an area of our choosing. Most of the fellows wanted to patrol Long Island Sound, but we decided to poach from Uncle Charlie's golden boys instead. Squids we are, but we'd have made great Marines too: give us an inch and we'll take a mile.
Fancy yourselves as Leathernecks, eh?... More like British Commandoes, going places they really shouldn't... Next thing ya know, you'll be wanting to shell shore installations, shoot rockets just for fun and to see what would happen, and maybe blow-up a railroad track or two... sigh...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mios 4Me View Post
Hm, interesting. We went back on the latest patrol, this time on Tench, as an experiment and had the same results, though much closer in time and space. We sank a Large Tanker on 2/20/45 @ 0433 at 131° 40' E, 33° 29' N with a torpedo and shellfire, but no external assistance. None of the wreck protruded.

We then proceeded to Bepu and Oite, where we detected a Large Tanker @ 131° 40' E, 33° 20' N at 1046 on the same morning and sank her with multiple torpedoes. The entire ship sank as it did on a later test. Still no credit.

Is this what you would expect in regard to the spawning area?

And, to keep this on topic, both Oita and Tsurusaki had burning ships in harbor, plus a ship spawned and destructed on the beach south of Bepu as we approached.
Yes, that sounds about right - If you hit the same group spawning again. As reference, there are two RGG tankers out of Tsurusaki, one that does the circuit on the Inland Sea, and a coastal one that goes out Bungo Suido way. Then there are two at Oite and Bepu each, of which one of each stays on the Inland Sea circuit, and one of each does the coastal route out through Bungo Suido. I'm watching them now on the "VCR" feature of the ME, and they might be spawning too often on a couple of them... Turn them down a little, and you won't have as many of the one group coming out of Bepu as often. I'll also try to do a "spy" mission of my own in the Inland Sea, maybe as a playable CA, and see if maybe some of them are off a pinch on placement. For now, we'll say that the Leathernecks they're letting fly off of US Navy Department CV platforms, are the cause of the issue... Either that or a typhoon went through there...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote