View Single Post
Old 10-29-22, 11:32 AM   #7
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 440
Uploads: 2

Usually speaking, a Windows screen capture will be blank, except under certain circumstances. You cannot "capture" the splash screen, nor other associated images. Once in the game though, you can use the <Ctrl><F11> key combo to get a screen grab, that is then a bitmap image in your game's root folder, which can then be edited, resized and converted to like png or jpeg for posting.

So, what is the "native" resolution of your display monitor? What do you have the Windows screen resolution set to? The setting with the "... (recommended)" tag next to it is the one to try first. Then, in the game Options menu, Graphic Settings menu, see if that resolution shows in the game's drop-down for resolution. If not, you should choose a lower resolution setting that is "proportioned" the same, such as a 16:9 or 5:4 setting. If you have an ultra wide screen like 21:whatever, then you would probably have to use the "Windowed" choice and a 16:9 setting that does not exceed your screen's native in either direction. You might also have to experiment some with the settings in the "Properties" window shown above. On one of my computers (recently passed, a moment of silence please) I had to use the top choice in that DPI settings dialog for "Program DPI", and tick that box, and set it to "Whenever I run this program". That particular display I had allowed Windows to "zoom" the display, for whatever unknown Windows reason. I don't know if it was a "disabilities" thing or what, but I would only see a portion of the screen in a DirectX v9 game, no matter which game it was.

Don't attempt to use any of your old installs, or to run a Saved game folder. ie: if you run MultiSH4, and your new install is pointed at the Documents \SH4 folder, then be sure and delete the contents of that folder, so that you have "fresh" data populating that folder when you go to start the game the first time, else you'll pull in setting from the previous install, which was in the older version of Win11, and that might be what's hanging you... Once you get your new install properly running, you might be able to use the older copies of the game, but you might have to delete the Save data for them as well...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote