View Single Post
Old 10-06-19, 02:41 PM   #12555
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Downloads: 581
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobon View Post
For now, apart from having external view and event view enabled, I deselected dud torpedoes for testing purposes.
I also switched to SH3 style hud from the OptionsViewer app.
Torpedoes malfunction logic is now controlled by Generic Patcher. This the reason why you will still have duds even if you disable appropriate option from gameplay settings menu...

Quote:
I have a few questions:

-I've seen that radio beacon positions were added to help real navigation.
Yet when I ask my radioman either from the menu, or personally XD to report nearest radio stations INSIDE OUR HARBOR, he reports that no radio stations available. So the beacons somehow does not work. What can be a problem? Or am I missing something here?

Radio beacons are there but they are not active all the time. By default I set them to be active something like 8-10 hours per day in order to simulate radio silence ect...

Quote:
-I noticed the two MG34 mounted on the sides of the conning tower of my VIIB. (they are present on the "more spacey" lvl 2 VIIB tower at least...)
They look very detailed and cool. Now... How can I get RID of them...? I know, they are hsitorically correct to be there, but I presume they are not going to be manned, and they are ruining the look of the tower XDDD

The file is "Silent Hunter 5\data\Submarine\NSS_Uboat7b\NSS_Uboat7b.eqp" , open it with notepad and find these lines...

Code:
; Edited by TheBeast
;##########################################################
;###  To Disable Any Flag or Gun Set StartDate=19451230 ###
;###  To Enable Any Flag or Gun  Set StartDate=19380101 ###
;##########################################################
;###                MG-34  Machine Guns                 ###
[Equipment 11]
NodeName=M92
LinkName=MG_34
StartDate=19380101
EndDate=19451231

[Equipment 12]
NodeName=M93
LinkName=MG_34
StartDate=19380101
EndDate=19451231
It's pretty much self explanatory...

Quote:
also a very stupid question, as I completely forget:
how do I (prematurely) end a patrol to get back to the bunker scene?

As I really do not want to patrol out of Memel... Want to be transferred to Kiel to start. Want to stay with the coastal waters campaign, but I prefer to skip Memel... Any suggestions?
You can not end patrol in Memel. You'll have to dock in Kiel. Try to sink couple of Polish ships before you dock or the game will give you negative rating points due to low tonnage and these points are really important for regular new subs offers...

Quote:

one addition: I was able to connect to KDS server, after a few maxmessage reached errors, by modifying the 2 buffer size lines from 20000* to 60000* (changing the first number) in the cfg. now it can connect without any problem. Is it known..? As I read, someone stated you cannot conenct anymore...
Heeey, this is great find! Not we can have fully functional KSDCommander again with chat and everything! Thank you!
vdr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote