View Single Post
Old 09-23-20, 11:13 AM   #1882
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Mardigan View Post
This is good to know, just saw the latest for FotRS-UE, and the mention by s7rikeback, about if you were using vickers interior mod, of having to use the patch along with it.. an had a momentary sense of ok, I'll have to go grab that.. only to then see your post of not needing to... crisis averted... as I already have that new version of it, updated to FotRS 1.2, soo.. whewwwhhh *wipes sweat from My brow*

M. M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by torpedobait View Post
I did a startover with the new release of FOTRSU (v2.4) with all the required steps, and then added the following Mods to the game:

Generic Mod Enabler - v2.5.0.150
[G:\Ubisoft\Silent_Hunter_IV\MODS]

100_FalloftheRisingSun_UltimateEdition_v1.24_EN
105_FI_OQ_FOTRSU_v1.2_EN_compatibility
399_NoScrollNavMap
450_Lite Fog v2 + 300' Underwater Visability
452_MoonlightzSonarLines
525_v1.004_Camera
801_UMark Invisible
901_strategic_map_symbols
910_OfficerCountryPatch
999_DC_NBB_sil

Everything seems to work just fine, except that in my boat, USS Spearfish, a Sargo out of Cavite, Manila on 12/09/41 to patrol Laman Bay, I do not see any changes to the interior in terms of being able to move past the Captain's bed and into the radio room. I did see a new hatch from the Control Tower that took me to the AA gun, but that seems to be all.

Is that what I should have in a SARGO, or did I put the Vickers03 mod in the wrong order? Note that the "450" was added by me and is not a standard mod from the FOTRSU team - I've been using it with FOTRSU for a LONG time with no evident affect on the game.

Thanks.
I mis-spoke and confused matters even further. Sorry 'bout that. But:

The "910_OfficerCountryPatch" and "FI_OQ_FOTRSU_v1.2_EN_compatibility" are just patches to make vickers03's original mod for FotRSU v1.004 compatible with FotRSU v1.2. They both add the UpgradePack deck guns to the SubName upc file. Vickers' interior mod will still overwrite the changes made to the Navigation Table in some of the subs, but a small price to pay for the added real estate forward... So remove that "910_OfficerCountryPatch" mod torpedobait, and then after the "999_DC_NBB_sil" mod, add vickers' whole mod instead: Fleetboat_Interior: Officers Quarters, and then either his "FI_OQ_FOTRSU_v1.2_EN_compatibility" update (linked to on that same page) or the "910_OfficerCountryPatch"...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote