View Single Post
Old 09-18-20, 08:27 AM   #6
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubblehead1980 View Post
I have read and am aware but would like to restore the MOH, make it difficult to earn.
I cannot remember the details, but it seems to me that the number of medals are set in stone, cut eons ago, and cannot be altered. The way the CMH and NC are handled in some mods are slightly different, but similar, in that with FotRSU, the Asiatic / Pacific Campaign medal was "added" (a renamed Bronze Star). The "pictures" of, and display names of the medals above were changed, but their "ID" remains the same due to that hard-coding. It can get rather complicated remembering what is what in the files, but a comparison to Stock can help in that regard. There are not that many files involved for the basic medal set-up. However, in our constant quest for "realism" in FotRSU, we'll eventually be re-visiting "renown" awarded again. I wish we could alter the "levels" required, and shift the conning towers ahead of the new boats, and other things of that ilk, including the medals, to where you can control the amount of renown required for "rewards", but alas, you cannot, so altering the amount of renown given is the only way to do it... but finding that "balance" is the hard part...

btw, medal files (from an unreliable memory) are found in "Data / Menu / Gui / Medals" and "Data / UPCData / UPCCrewData" - I might be missing a reference...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubblehead1980 View Post
Ah, got ya. Been a while but don't remember the bug in stock, but again it has been a while. A decade now actually, time flies.
Yes it does... time flies when you're having fun, eh?...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote