View Single Post
Old 10-30-20, 06:22 AM   #2096
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Default Many Thanks To mazzi! :Salutes: until my arm falls off!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
After thinking about this overnight, I decided to disable the Write Caching for the drives. Not because of the SH4 game per se, but because occasionally when a game locks up you can be forced to power down if nothing else allows you to get back to the desktop for a proper shutdown. So far with it disabled, I have not really noticed any appreciable decrease in performance including the "whopping" 13 seconds it takes to load SH4 with FOTRSU. Better safe than sorry.
Is there a keyboard combo for the drives to "flush" the cache? Although, as you say, you will not notice much of a difference, if at all, between enabled and disabled... Write caching was used back in the earlier ATA IDE days to speed things up, and especially with SSD, but also SATA and the attained throughput makes it a somewhat archaic, "legacy" technology for most users.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazzi View Post
Sorry minimum translation.
--------------NSS_Gato.upc--------------

[/CODE]AcceptedTypes= USDeckGunBow, USDeckGunStern, USDeckGunImpBow, USDeckGunImpStern, USDeckGunHvyBow, USDeckGunHvyStern, USDeckGunHvyDbl

USDeckGunBow this is 3-50 Bow
USDeckGunStern this is 3-50 Stern

Historically 3-50 guns were not installed per boat uss-balao.
As with the torpedoes and tubes with the game's preference for loading the first-listed torpedo type into all sub's tubes, here is another incomprehensible section of the SH4 code that is very strange...

I do thank you for your clarification and expounding on the subject, such that my dim-wittedness could understand you better. From what I remember of the FotRSU files, there has never been a 3" gun listed on the Balao. The Tench also is missing the listing for the 3" gun, so the next version will include those in the UPC files, and we'll see how things work then...

For those of you following along at home, as I understand mazzi, the addition of the orange-highlighted text for the 3" guns on the Balao and Tench in their respective "Data / Submarine / SubName / SubName.upc files should allow a proper upgrade path for those boats then...

Whew - a ~HUGE~ amount of thanks to mazzi! "Confirmation Testing" is in progress!

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote