View Single Post
Old 10-29-20, 09:31 AM   #2088
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 440
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
Write caching is enabled on all 3 SSDs. I have a backup UPS and the normal laptop battery so it's virtually impossible that I would lose any RAM writes in a power outage. It's not recommended to have RAM caching enabled if you don't have a power backup of some sort. You could end up with garbled crap on the hard disk if the RAM writes did not get transferred to the disk because of a sudden power loss.
The problem with write-caching isn't so much from a power outage, but my thinking wonders about when the game "hiccups" (one of those 'technical' terms), or shells-out to Windows - whether accidental or on purpose - and then the game "gets lost" when it returns to Windows. Then the cache could be out of sync with the game. I do not know if this happens or not. It would be interesting to experiment in this regard, though that would be time-intensive, and most likely frustrating. Maybe someone knows more about the subject of disk caching as it relates to an old WinXP DirectX v9 game...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazzi View Post
Try this: http://yadi.sk/d/Pd1piVvpTMyMAQ

In the single-player mission "Supplies For Betio" this August 1943 Balao also has no guns. After applying this mod, the guns appear.
In this mod, the 4-50 cannon is placed only in the nose, there are no 3-50 cannons at all, and 5inch .25cal Twin Cannons (Bow and Stern) will not appear until June 1945-06-01 - so it was in real life.
A person cannot use that "tweak" for a career once it is running. The files are very similar to the current FotRSU, but different enough, with the eqp file not matching the flag, hence losing it. The only thing the upc file(s) add is the ability to pay for the double-5" config a bit earlier and change the 'free' dates to later. If you are not getting a deck gun when playing a Single Mission, that is a different problem from when receiving an upgrade Balao boat in a career.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote