propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 441
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Pancoast View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Mardigan View Post
What would be interesting, is if the sensitivity of them reacting, ould be date controlled through SH3 Commander... so that the results would approximate that of actual effects during WW2 as it is known of....

M. M.

Good idea but seeing as they must use visual spotting even if radar equipped to attack a u-boat not sure what could be done that way ?
If multiple "types" of AI_Visual are used, the sns files can be used "by date" to change which sensor is mounted - if it even makes a difference doing that. That "technique" can be rather tedious and confusing to implement. KISS is key.

I would be curious to "see" the orientation of the AI_Visual node in NYGM (I don't have it on my computers anymore that I can find... sigh), and whether that orientation has a bearing on the "efficiency" of said sensor. As an example, the "Stock" AFB_HurricaneMK1 has this for its AI_Visual mounting and orientation:

GWX has similar. Notice the 3D "key" in the lower left, and the difference of the node rotation as applied to the "airplane". Does having the blue "Y" (vertical) axis rotated to horizontal port side, and the green "Z" axis rotated vertical, with the red "X" to the rear instead of starboard side make a difference? Does that have the "pilot" looking forward and down, or something?? I do know that the difference of "0.01" and "0.05" in the sim.cfg can be quite remarkable, depending upon other settings.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote