Old 01-07-20, 01:29 AM   #331
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 441
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by merc4ulfate View Post
Resolved?
So it looks like the AI fished its own ally and the american planes can not hit an object that isn't moving. Seriously messed up I'd say. Can the american planes be set higher as far as skill level such as elite. The american flyers were veterans or taught by veterans and I would think the AI skill level should reflect that.
Should I post you the video of them tearing up a CV, CVE, CL & 4 DD, sending all to the bottom in less than 30 minutes? Those are dive bombers only. No supporting TB, no fighters. Just slow dive bombers. They are set in 4 groups of 2. Most of the game has groups of six or more. When I made the CV Attack Group vid, all of the planes were indepent. Much better flying and weapons usage, but that is a LOT of work. The airplanes in that 4x2 Dauntless vid are set to Elite. There is nothing higher. If Set to Veteran, they would crash into each other every once in a while. If set to Competent, they crash into the ships and the ocean. Silent Hunter has never been any good at flying airplanes. Besides the fact, as stated in the video, that it is 8 Dauntless with the "Basic" loadout, which at the time of the video is the small bombs. They see the enemy. They attack the enemy, so they are "fixed" as far as the game is concerned. There might be a slight further improvement when s7rikeback gets ALL of the planes in conformance, but notice the framerate in that video, toward the upper left center. That is 30fps, locked with antilag, and you will see the occasional "blip", but nothing like we were seeing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kongo Otto View Post
It might be nit picking, but right now I'm patrolling the Davao Gulf and all I see are US Tugs and Dutch freighters coming out of Davao.

Davao irl was captured by the Japanese at 20th December 1941 and I'm patrolling at 11th February 1942, there shouldn't be any kind of tugs or allied freighters even near the vicinity.

[pic]
We minimized similar traffic in the Marshalls during the same time frame. I'll look at Davao.

Quote:
Originally Posted by von Zelda View Post
propbeanie,

I've been on several patrols near Okinawa in late 1944 and the game begins to freeze up when I get to within 20NM of Okinawa. The closer I get the worse it freezes up. I suspect there is just too much traffic within the Okinawa harbor. Too many ships, too many planes, etc. too much for my game to handle. It doesn't crash, it just freezes up and stops. Assigned to deliver an agent to the shoreline east of Okinawa on the right hand side of the island. The game froze as we got close to land and to Okinawa harbor on the opposite side of the island.

I could almost say the same thing about Pearl, Midway and Brisbaine; but, at least the game doesn't freeze up there.

Just my opinion but some of this harbor traffic is too much & unnecessary, I rather have a smooth running game while I'm seeing less shipping inside the harbor.

Any way you could check into the harbor traffic within Okinawa? I think this one is over the top. Thanks.
We could build you guys a "NO Harbors" version (we would delete the Harbors layers, and you would see nothing in them), but we do get more praise for a world that is "alive", than we do for criticism against traffic. Of note, is that I was running the game fine on a Core i3 with 4 gig of RAM on Windows 8 until recently when the machine died, and had it running on a low-end dual core with 2 gig of RAM and Windows XP until the Museum got too big for it. Also of note is that the FotRSU team has not edited anything around Okinawa, and there really isn't much going on around there. In fact, a lot of harbors in FotRSU actually have less traffic than when we started working on the mod, mostly because the ships were crashing into each other all of the time. The main thing to look out for near harbors are your radars. When near a friendly harbor, turn your radars off. Do not exceed 128x TC.

I will look for an Insertion mission for Okinawa, but I do not recall FotRSU as having one... Are you sure you've got a "clean" FotRSU install? Did you empty the Save folder after activating the mod?

I just got to thinking - are you running FotRSU (Ultimate), or are you using FOTRS, such as v1.2 or v1.3?? - If you have FOTRS, there are "run-a-way" spawns that FotRSU corrects, and the Okinawa corridor is where you potentially see two giant groups of DD. I mean groups of 60+ DD have been reported, sometimes congregating into a mess when none of them can move. The result from the player's perspective is a framerate that drops to the single-digits, and eventually crashes.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote