View Single Post
Old 01-17-21, 12:41 AM   #2576
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 440
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Mardigan View Post
... Soo... If you want, I can make a copy of the save folder in its entirety, & zip it, then ship it off to you... minus the other save info after the 50% completion save... to make it easy for you to look through...
Well, unfortunately, the Save most likely will no longer have the information, since it would have to have been one from inside the base, either after the CTD when clicking on the map, or the upon returning to base, when you dock. Those are over-written each time in and out... I'll just keep digging in the Sargo assignments for the time frame. Thanks for the help though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaleunMarco View Post
how long after the radio message to go and get the bougainville coastwatchers
will they actually appear?

as it happens we were only a few hours away when the radio message came through and we are sitting on top of the lifepreserver icon but there is no coastwatcher. i suspect that it will appear as a "survivor", no?

anyway, when does that thing we are supposed to rescue show up?
Did you happen to get a "if they don't show up, try again in 24 hours" kind of message, something to that effect? If so, then they might not show at all. Generally speaking, in most of the missions of this type in FotRSU, there is a "trigger" used that when your submarine passes a certain point, it will spawn the "target" subject. To change things up a bit, you might be instructed to withdraw to the east, or some other direction, so that you do hit a trigger area, that is then far enough away from the pickup location for the 'target" to spawn. But not always. There are a couple of missions where you will not get anyone to pickup, which is what happened in real life, in spite of there having been multiple attempts at rendezvous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by torpedobait View Post
First, let me say that the NipponMaru addon is just excellent! Nice to see names that I recognize associated with the targets. And the somewhat revised (more alphabetized) Recog Manual is easier to use.

Now for a very small thing ... an Armed Dahatsu 25mm (I think, because the picture in the manual doesn't show AA guns).

Anyway I could see 3 crewmen, one each on the two AA guns, and the "driver" for want of a more technical term. Then I saw a fourth crewman, walking behind the boat. I thought it might be the Japanese version of Jesus! As I watched, he strolled out on the water about a boat length or a little more, then turned and went back to the boat and stood beside the "driver" for a few seconds, then walked back out on the water. Kind of comical to watch, but I don't think it was what you intended...
That was actually a fellow by the name of Peter that you saw out behind the Daihatsu. The wonder of it all is that I just saw that the day before, and s7rikeback saw it earlier today, and he already has the "fix" for that already in. Thank you for that report, and thanks for the praise...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote