View Single Post
Old 04-01-20, 09:36 PM   #316
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 440
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by succerpunch View Post
A program that just does the file editing for you because that is the most difficult part for me. Also how come I cannot get equipment upgrades. When I fixed my turm upgrade issue, I had BOLD 1 and a upgraded Hydrophone that I did not have access to before. How does one unlock equipment upgrades and how does one get a new sub, I have been getting medals for every patrol but the game wont give me a new sub yet. It is the middle of 1942 btw.
The new equipment comes by date usually. Some mods have it to where you can "buy" them early for renown points, but not all do. You also have to be at a location that has the equipment "available". I cannot remember for certain where the "center" of availability is on the German side, but Kiel sticks in my mind. The equipment emanates from there and flows outward, such that if something is available on June 1, 1943, that means at Kiel, while it might be August in Norway and France. A caveat for the equipment availability is that you have to have a proper "mounting" point for it on your submarine. So a radar that needs a particular mast that is not available on a VIIB will never show there. However, the VIIC might have the proper mast, and you get the radar. I do not recall if that example is the case in OM or Dark Waters, but the principle applies. Lastly, OM does not have boat upgrades until you qualify for a Walthers. There are no "steps" through the boats in OM other than that, which carries into Dark Waters.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote