View Single Post
Old 04-01-19, 05:14 PM   #7
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdr1981 View Post
This doesn't work very well since ships will always be rendered with the same paint, regardless of roster cfg settings if spawned in one convoy, for example.

This is the only way to actually have different paints for different nations...
Yes, that's a known drawback of the SH5 multi-texturing system, but are you sure that it doesn't apply to proxy clones as well?

Other than that, I think that despite the fact that we can have any number of textures set in the cfg file, only the first three texture definitions are actually used as early, middle and late war camouflages, set in GroupTypesDefs.cfg as 0, 1 and 2 respectively. This is a little disappointing because roster texture definitions have start/end dates and frequency settings, suggesting a random texture assignment based on in-game dates. Those settings can as well be the clue of an unfinished feature (as it is common in SH games), but before discarding them, has anyone tried setting the camouflage parameter to -1 and seeing if such a setting forces the game to use more that three textures and to apply date and frequency parameters?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapuhy View Post
Thanks! I wasn't even aware TDW's gr2 editor had import option, only after your answer I finally found it. I'll have to take a closer look at it.
gap is offline   Reply With Quote