Old 01-12-21, 11:25 AM   #7
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Downloads: 581
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viktor_Prien View Post
The ones that I've found so far:

- In the .cfg of the U-boat of interest the periscope depth is set ( Correctly ) to 12 meters. In the game, somehow, you get about 11 meters.
I've changed it to 13 and now the boat dives to 12 meters correctly ( It like for the AI sub...You set a value but the game then acts differently in respect to the set parameter )
Yeah, you'll find a number of such "errors" but in normal gameplay those things are quite irrelevant IMO, since you can manually chose your depth ect. Periscope depth is more suited for obs scope since it can not be extended as far as the attack scope. For example, for the attack scope I always use snorkel depth command which is ~ 13m.

Quote:
- Some of the U-boat speeds are slightly wrong ( Nothing big ), the crash depth is set to un-hystorical values ( 150 mt; It should be between 60 and 90 meeters instead )
max speed varies from source to source.

max speeds per engine settings are somewhat tweaked by me in order to sustain the most realistic turning and diving rates per given engine settings according to type VIIC manual...Again, not very much important since you can manually select speed in knots and also depth...

Quote:
- At least on my pc ( High End ) the smokes of the ships in the TWOS mod were resetting. To fix it I've edited the particles.dat and the particles_funnelsmoke accordingly and now the issue has been fully fixed ( ...and not a single issue with TWOS when enabled via JSGME ). If you need the files let me know it and I'll send you them.
yes, I'm aware of similar fixes but didn't implement them in TWoS since I noticed that the stock "smoke puffs" bug is even more prominent with them.

Quote:
- I'm also working on the Type VIIF ( It should be pretty easy to be done ) and i'm looking also to make the VIID ( Minelayer ). I work at these boats only in the spare time but they could be, possibly and when finished, a good new addition for TWOS mod ( Especially the VIIF for the Monsoon Campaign )

- Removing the text file when, after you enabled the characther free view, are displayed on the crew when you pass the mouse over them

I'm also working on some other stuffs. If you think you can be interested let's keep all the discussion here so it will be easy to keep all the material in one place.

My best regards and a big thanks for the TWSO mod. It's simply brilliant!!!!
[/QUOTE]
It's really great to hear that! I'll help everything I can. Unfortunately, I won't be able to do any modding for the next 3-4 weeks, but after that I should be much more active...
vdr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote