View Single Post
Old 05-24-20, 10:20 PM   #1092
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 440
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Wood View Post
I sat on the bottom 18 NM south of Makung for several days, surfacing at night to get some fresh air. Then, moved to 8 NM West/South West of Makung, sat on bottom, surfacing at night to get fresh air.

In both cases, was within 5 NM of land, so did not surface in day time.

Then, moved 40 NM West/North West of Makung. Sat in middle of assigned area. Only surfaced at night, for fear of aircraft.

I did not enter Makung harbor, for fear of nets, mines and ASW patrols. All attacks made submerged. Was never spotted by anyone, anytime.

So, operations were in Formosa Straight, as per orders. According to your posting, there should have been attempts to locate and destroy me. That is good.

Oh, oh! Just remembered. There was Sub Chaser No 13 Class boat patrolling (?) in the Makung area.
OK, found the issue... the patrol goes out, does one round, and then stops... we'll fix that. Gotsta has some dangerous waters around there! Plus we'll make it possible for the flyboys to harrass a person better - just not too much!...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4H_Ccrashh View Post
Thank you!! Thank you!!

This project has made SH4 exactly what I was looking for when I bought SH4 many years ago...

Thank you...

I have to point out one thing.. It will seem petty but the retired Master Sergeant USMC (RET) noticed that my sub,, a Sargo class boat has the Ensign (Flag) flying from the stern.. US Navy ships fly the flag on the stern when anchored or tied to a pier in port.

When the ship gets underway the order is given to "Shift the Colors" at which point the flag on the stern is lowered and another Ensign is raised at the "truck" (mainmast).

Its just something I noticed. I apologize..
We've been debating which way to go with the mod(s) for that. We want "automatic", but have not worked a way around that yet. I also want to put a Union Jack on the bow of all of the subs, which would disappear when shifting the colors. We also want an option for no flag, for when a boat is in enemy waters. Thanks for the comments! Rest assured, we are working on it.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote