View Single Post
Old 12-14-20, 03:16 PM   #2303
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 440
Uploads: 2

We were suspecting the add-in mods of causing a couple of issues, but I have now encountered the standing still Split Merchant, and we now have more suspects. s7rikeback is trying to clean-up old issues right now, and I think we might have the issue resolved. If Front Runner remembers the CareerStart issue and the Time of Day relationship (not an obvious relative), then he would understand somewhat of this "relationship". What I suspect is happening, is that one of the ships sunk - we will check-out ~all~ ships - has a configuration issue of one form or another. That "corrupt" data, as happens too often in the game, "corrupts" the whole pot of data (one bad byte does spoil the whole apple), so when you "Save" bad data, that's what the game works with when you re-load... If we can find and eliminate all bad configurations, we hope to eliminate most of the "bad" Saves. It seems, if something is corrupted badly enough, that's when the game can't decide what to load, so it hangs on the re-load... otherwise, it knows something is incorrect, but not so bad it can't re-load, so the gauges go 12 O'Clock High instead, and the sonar "fix" no longer is a "fix"... maybe... We hope to find out in a couple of days. Updates to follow. But there is no "fix" for this situation, only an avoidance, so that's what the fix will be...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote