View Single Post
Old 12-19-19, 07:14 PM   #245
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 440
Uploads: 2

The Steam Burst is irritating, and when it doesn't go away, is indicative of a problem with your game, whether that would be player induced, or modder induced, I don't know. We keep discovering "anomalies" in the mod, but thankfully, the flooding has been slowed, and the pumps are back online, but the sound... - ahem... Anyway, be sure your repair crew is "fully qualified", that you have someone from each specialty with a decent rating. "Activate" them. Do not Save the game in the middle of repairs, because some of them will re-set back to their initial time-to-repair setting, such that if it is going to take 12 hours for a repair, and you "Save" the game after an 11 hour and 52 minute time frame has passed, when you next load the game, it will take the time-to-repair back to 12 hours. The weather has been known to do this also. Also, if player-induced by shelling-out to the desktop, even accidentally, or to start a video recorder app, you will have to Save the game ("oh well" to the time-to-repair issue), exit the game, re-start the game, load the Save, then allow the time-to-repair do its thing. Even then, you might not get rid of it, and have to go back to base for repairs. Remember losing the rudder? Broken prop shafts? lost propellers? They are all career-ending damage that is un-repairable, and this might be one of the irritating ones - but at least the game isn't over with it. Think of it as an audible hull damage reminder. I've been looking for the link to that particular damage, which is most difficult to test for, and have not found it yet. Possibly of help would be if you could tell which submarine you are in? Did you hear the "Pipe Steam Break.wav" before the actual "Steam" sound? I can then concentrate on that looking in that submarine. I might add a "turn down the 'Steam burst.wav' file in sh.sdl" to my task list...

As for the Brisbane problem, what I had already fixed was an S-18 mission, which you mentioned being in the Sargo when having your 2nd issue with the error... This presents a nasty situation in that I am now having to go through practically the whole set of Asiatic Fleet assignments. The Sargo out of Brisbane can be assigned "Celebes Sea", "South China Sea", "Philippines", "Sulu Sea" and the "Molucca Sea", as well as the Solomon and Bismarck Objectives. This entails testing over 100 missions, of which I am about 1/3 of the way through, so we'll eventually get there.

Along those lines, I have lost over a day to an "unanticipated" illness, in which a "fast food" scarfing establishment apparently is attempting to drive away all of their business by food-poisoning their patrons... I had a miserable 28+ hours while I "eliminated" their handiwork from my system... sigh... Just to say, that I am behind schedule now... plus, my brain ain't where it really needs to be right now anyway... Doing what I can when I can.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna

Last edited by propbeanie; 12-19-19 at 07:32 PM. Reason: forgetfullness... sheesh!
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote