View Single Post
Old 01-21-21, 10:09 AM   #178
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

I have had similar issues with the U-Boat Missions Add-On, but only when re-installing... The computer I have with that install is sitting over in the corner of the basement, and I have not run SH4 on it in quite some time, since I have newer gear that runs it oh so much better now, thank you very much! I'll try to find some time today, and give it a whirl over there... My original copy of the U-Boat Missions Add-On download quit working (refused the license key) quite a few years ago though. I contacted Ubisoft Support when that first happened, and they gave me a link to a new version of the software, and a new activation code. That did work for another installation I did roughly three years ago. I was informed by Ubisoft Support at the time of getting the new download, that there was a limit as to how many installations would run from that add-on. I do know that they have recently updated their "connection" software (from UPlay), and you might be running afoul of that #$%@, which messed-up my SH5 install, and that took me several days to "fix", with their help. Have you heard back from Ubisoft yet? Back when I first had trouble, it took a total of 3 days to get things resolved. This last issue with SH5 took over 10 days, since they are so slow to respond. I also had to log into my Ubisoft account, of which I couldn't remember my log-in ID, much less my password, and log-in and check "communications" on a daily basis, since they seem incapable of sending external email, unless it fits into their schedule... Of course, getting support on 12+ year-old software is somewhat surprising... if it was MS, they would say "we dropped support for that fourteen years ago. You might try a user's group somewhere and see what they recommend. It is suggested that you upgrade to the latest/greatest, most expensive game you can find. Thank you for choosing MS. Now, go away."...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote