View Single Post
Old 07-01-19, 06:41 PM   #14
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 440
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Devil View Post
the intel I had was from true history. Prop your map makes no mention of the fleet approaching from the south west Or Kamatsu's ships to the south. On this map I was almost exactly in position ahead of the First Carrier Fleet (Nagumo) and all airborne craft should have past over or nearby.
"True history" is disregarded by the game, hence you've got "bad intel"... just joshin'

But seriously, the other groups are in the mission, I just zoomed in close enough to show you that the mission file in the campaign, at first blush, looks reasonable. However, as you mention, those other groups are out further, some quite a bit further, and won't show on that map zoom level for a good while longer yet. Of which, if you are in career mode, they would have already run and been gone. The file works OK in the ME player, but not in career mode. Also, the carriers in the game do not "launch" planes for land targets. Only for "enemy targets", which would be ships and subs - only. No dogfights either. The airplanes usually have to be included as groups, if you want them to show. For an example of that, look at the SingleMission file for the Battle of Midway. They put airplanes in it.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote