View Single Post
Old 12-21-20, 06:35 AM   #2568
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Downloads: 581
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by danaos75 View Post
Hi guys, first of all it is great to meet such a huge community of fellow simmers.
So after a few months on SH3 GWX 3.0 Gold, I decided to try Silent Hunter 5.
Ubistore has it at a bargain price with WELCOME2021 voucher if anyone is interested, just 7,89 euros.

Anyway, thanx to THEBERBSTER's detailed info about... well almost everything on SH5 , I successfully installed the magnificent TWOS from vdr1981 (many many thanks for a superb job ) .

The ONLY 2 problems that I have is that the fonts on the various instruments on the control room plus the hydrophone is almost unreadable. Especially the hydrophone's fonts are really unreadable the others are mostly blurry.

Also, I have a great aspect ratio distortion on the sides of the screen. So when a round instrument is at the center of the screen, it looks well ...round but close to the edges is highly elliptical.

I have already tried to experiment with different resolution settings and also the DPI settings on the compatibility tab, but nothing changes on either problems.

So the mods and spec of my machine are:
Windows 10
Intel HD400 Integrated graphics
Resolution of screen 1920x1080
Resolution in Game 1600x900, but I have also tried it on 1920 x 1080 and the problems are there.

Mods:
TWOS 2.2.21
plus:
TWoS Campaign Start_VIIB_UFlaK
TWoS Encrypted BdU Orders
TWoS Env Settings - Brighter Nights
TWoS FX_Reduc. Fires and Expl._Incr. Flooding via Zones
TWoS Harbors Chimney Smoke
TWoS Real Navigation
TWoS Remove Sub Flags
TWoS SM Interior_Food Stocks
TWoS Wooden Lifeboats

Any available help is highly appreciated.

The problems are really not game killers, but mostly on the annoying side.
Many thanx Kaleuns

Hi danaos75
Hit us with few screenshots... Did you follow official install instructions PDF for Wolves?
vdr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote