View Single Post
Old 01-21-21, 08:20 PM   #2635
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 440
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaleunMarco View Post
well that's just effin great. i've been playing SH4 for God-knows-how-long just waiting for the opportunity to base out of Tulagi and as soon as that dream is in reach, you put up the STOP sign. well, fine. i am going to de-install the whole mess and slag my PC down to base minerals.

that's not even close, PB, not even close.

Sam: What we need is a few good taters.

Gollum: What's taters, precious? What's taters, eh?

Sam: *Po-tay-toes!* Boil 'em, mash 'em, stick 'em in a stew... Lovely big golden chips with a nice piece of fried fish.

[Gollum makes a noise of disgust while sticking his tongue out]

Sam: Even you couldn't say no to that.

Gollum: Oh yes we could. Spoilin' nice fish. Give it to us raw and w-r-r-riggling; you keep nasty chips.
but my Gollum sounded better in my head... by the way, it would be "fish-ess-ess"... lol - we will have Tulagi performing up to snuff in the next version... (there is no "crossed-fingers" smilie, is there??)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macgregor the Hammer View Post
In the game, when do the Japanese wise-up and form convoys? Right now, my campaign date is 7/43 and all I see single merchants, sometimes 2.
As KaleunMarco says, it does depend upon location location location. What are the main areas you visit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by granite00 View Post
I have a question: what changes have been made to the medal award system?
I just completed a first patrol out of Cavite that began in Dec 1941 and sunk 7 ships:
Kongo BB
Takao Heavy CA
DD
3 submarines
1 merchant
I completed my assigned missions. Total renoun earned was 1890.

I received the Navy Commendation Medal. This doesn't seem remotely correct based on other mods I've played such as TMO/RSRDC.
It's all political... you apparently did not donate to the correct political candidates this past election - just ask MacArthur about what happened to him and his CMO for WWI (The Great War - aka: The War to End All War)... - but seriously, as KaleunMarco mentions, the renown has been turned down for regular ship sinkings. If they are part of a mission, or you complete other mission objectives, you earn more points. However, 1890 is nothing to sneeze at in FotRSU, and while not in the top category, is in the Excellent range. I would think that would be a Silver Star anyway... I'll look again and see how the tiers work...

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishcorp View Post
I have some questions after trying out this mod.

Is the periscope view much shorter range than the stock one? Seems like it to me??

Is night darker than stock?

Is there any way I can add back the course indicators and sight range for enemy ship in navigation view?

I've only played the beginning of the war, is the radar and sonar on my boat nerfed?
KaleunMarco answers apply, but for the NavMap view, whether a person wants a "dot", what we have now, or "full disclosure", it all has to do with altering each individual ship, as well as some associated files in the Menu folder, so each time we've added a ship to the game, we have ruined those "targeting" mods. We do hope to get things finalized for those before too long. As to the radar and sonar, the radar is SD only early in the war, and if I am remembering correctly, only went out like 8nm, catching airborne targets only, and not reliably at that. The higher the TC used, the closer an airplane is by the time you come out of TC. If on the surface in enemy territory during daylight hours, I usually do not exceen 256x TC, and if I'm closer to land, I'll be down at 64x only, just to give the computer and game time to react soon enough to give me a chance to think before I react. The sonar should be fine, but they are difficult to test prior to release. With some of the boats, you do have to be completely submerged for them to work properly, like the S-Boats, Narwhal & Porpoise during the early war. For the others, we are trying to adjust them to where if you are doing Ahead Standard, they don't work so well, but slow to Ahead 1/3, and you get better response. However, each boat is different, and the water conditions also affect their "efficiency". If you have issues beyond that, it would bring to mind the question of "did you empty your Save folder after activating FotRSU?"

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote