View Single Post
Old 03-26-20, 02:42 PM   #648
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 440
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larrywb57 View Post
I was going off a sound contact from my sonar. So after the boat turned to the heading, I went to the free camera. I 'flew' the super secret UAV towards the coast and the first thing I saw was an island that had a mountain on it I flew over the top of that and I was back over water. I saw a small image in front of me. When I reached the image, I noticed it was a Zero with the engine ablaze. I could see the coast behind the plane as I was moved around it and water was still beneath us. At the moment, I'm not at home. When I get back, I will try to reload the save and see if I can find it again.
Thanks for the further info. If you can get a pic of the transgression, fantastic - but don't worry too much about it. I have discovered what causes some of these airplanes to go bonkers, and it does have to do with their "minimum speed". It seems that the airfields will generate a plane at that speed, and that is the speed they do. Airplanes also do not know how to read their gauges, especially figuring-out the difference between their altimeter reading and their actual height over land...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlight View Post
Uss Grayling (SS-209) Gar.
Long 139 36E
Lat 34 53N

Almost the end of my second patrol out of Midway, we're just North East of that first island outside of Tokyo bay, if you look on a real world map its called Ishima Island, but you might already know that, I thought it would be nice to give everyone who reads this thread a bit of a geography lesson.

Ships sunk,
Modern Passenger Liner
Large Composite Freighter
Large Modern Tanker

Warships in attendence,
Light Cruiser Naka Class (in with the convoy)
Fubuki
Kamikaze
E Shimuzu

I don't remember any of the other ships as I've just been diagnosed with depth charge syndrome and as you know forgetfulness is one of its symptoms. So down to the problem, the dials are all stuck at 12.00 high, the sonar lines are still working and so is the sonar man so it must be something you've done to my submarine, if you need any other information it'll cost you, and my dials working correctly is the price.

Hopefully there's enough info up there to give you an idea as to the problem.
Thanks for the info. There have been no actual changes to the submarines. They are still the same as they have been for numerous releases. What we have found though, is that any little configuration setting that is wrong, it can and will propagate throughout the game and affect Saves and all sorts of other aspects of the game. The problem is in tracking down what ~was~ changed in the game - or if its actually been there all along... ?? - Sometimes a Save, Exit and then Restart and Reload will clear things, but then again, as seen with other players, you might "trash" the Save info also, and then not be able to reload your Save... - I still cannot replicate what some of the players have reported, unless I do a Save while on the boat and within the Home Port terminal area... and even then, I don't think I have encountered what you guys have, because I still haven't lost my gauges nor not been able to reload a Save. All I can get is some sound issues, NavMap issues, etc., and a Save and exit seems to fix it when I come back into the game later... dunno. Still looking though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beach Bum View Post
I figured out I'd been installing the wrong version of SH4 as I was running through the procedure again while writing the post, just to be absolutely certain I wasn't messing something up (because of course I was, the user is always dumb/wrong/etc.). I tried to make that obvious in the post so that nobody would make a post like yours and try to help me, and also to warn other folks of what happens when you install the wrong version
More than one person before you has done this Beach Bum... Thanks for the update and the resolution.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote