Thread: [REL] FOTRS Ultimate Project
View Single Post
Old 05-19-22, 09:46 AM   #8653
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 440
Uploads: 2

The "Proceed directly to Area xxx and standby for further orders" assignments are the "Sink" missions, and are rather simple, especially the 8 in the game for Empire Waters. Of those 8, 2 have "Area 6" in their text, which would be Sink Honshu 03 and Sink Honshu 06. Both missions check-out as fine, and completed in testing here. PatrolObjectives.cfg will list them as ID142 and ID145 respectively. As for the add-in mods, vicker's interiors uses the Porpoise set for the Cachalot Class, if I remember correctly, Nippon Maru and Nihon Kaigun plus the combined roster are fine, while the other add-in mods are the ones that have not had as extensive testing as the others. Perhaps we have something amiss in the enlisted rank add-on for RUIM... I do not understand though, why it would crash upon attempting to enter base and dock...

Just to clarify though - you leave for the 2nd patrol, to Empire Waters on a "Sink" mission ("Proceed directly to..." orders). You do the mission, sink some ships, look for more, decide to head back to Pearl to end the patrol. Upon coming into base in late March 1942 (this date does not seem to matter), and you attempt to dock to End Patrol the game crashes - correct?

If so, the "safest" course would be to start the 2nd patrol over from a previous Save, maybe changing the assignment code (the IDxxx number) prior to departure. Now, we did find that the submarine upc files can indeed cause a CTD upon exiting - but exiting the game - not when docking, which is why I am not really suspecting an issue with the ruim add-in, but you could try to back that off before departing... though all indications are that it gets stuck in the Save data... I don't really know the cause, ArditoCorsaro, but if there is some way you can get me a copy of your Save folder when you are coming back to port, but prior to it crashing, I might be able to see something in the Save data... I do understand issues with the internet... I will also look further into the Cachalot sub's settings in the mod with all the mods added that you listed. Thanks. We'll try to at least find what the trouble is that is causing this.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote