View Single Post
Old 04-06-20, 11:35 AM   #699
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Where are you with that picture, and what is the date? We have found that if you spot an enemy contact, your radio man will call in a report apparently. If there happens to be intervening terrain between the responding AirBase and the "target", then the responding airplanes will crash into said terrain, if your submarine is within the spawning range. Now, in my tests, if I have the SD radar that range seems to be just about 12nm. If you instead have good SJ set out further, then they will crash as soon as hitting the terrain and within that radar range. If you only have "visual", then it will happen if the planes would come within your submarine's visual range... The "sunken ship" icon in your screen grab is most likely an airplane - there is no "crashed airplane" icon. We hope to be able to eliminate most of those "survivor" icons, but I am not 100% certain what I have found will "fix" that, but maybe it will reduce it... The other "fix" we've come up with is to have an airbase in closer, but without intervening terrain not in the "line-of-sight" of the target, else they will still crash. We have not found a way to control the minimum speed nor the height of the airplanes spawned from AirBases yet... but let us know where you are with that picture you posted please. Thanks

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote