View Single Post
Old 10-22-19, 11:54 AM   #2
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 440
Uploads: 2

Where did you install your Gold Edition? I have the same UPlay version of SH4 on a Windows 10 64-bit laptop. I do not have issues, and my UPlay has the latest / greatest "update" from September. My initial install of the UPlay version of the SH4 game was NOT put in a Program Files folder. When the Installation dialog came up, I chose to alter the path, and install the whole shmear into a "C:\Ubisoft" folder, which I did by editing out the "Program Files (x86)\" portion of the path. After the install, running the game, and exiting, I then proceeded to make my modding copies, which are put into a "C:\Games" folder. I have FotRSU, GFO, TMO / RSRDC (with options for Ralles) and WDAD / Med Campaign. I do not have issues with any of them, and start them all from the SH4.exe file in each folder. I use MultiSH4 1.5 to create individual Save folders for each. My SH5 is a Steam version, and UPlay offered to put it on its start menu, and I must have missed the "offer", and did allow it to happen. My TWoS runs fine, even after the UPlay update. None of my Ubisoft games are in a Program Files folder, the Game Starter folder is in the Ubisoft folder, along with the plain Jane SH4, and the Steam SH5 (and SH3)... Is there maybe a different update for the SH5 game for UPlay that is messing things up??

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote