Thread: [REL] FOTRS Ultimate Project
View Single Post
Old 08-11-18, 12:31 PM   #6477
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 441
Uploads: 2

Do you recall torpedobait, if you had run The Museum any? As mark bonamer mentions, Windows memory management needs some work, but so does SH4's. The Museum especially does not release memory like it should. The game itself will gradually "leaK' also, but not as badly as The Museum. If you still have the Saves, try some of them again, after a re-boot, and see what you find.
Quote:
The next morning (Friday, Aug.10) I try again, this time thinking that because of all the detail in the saved game I probably overloaded the game and/or my system's ability to handle it (doubtful on that one) I restarted the patrol from Perth-Fremantle. This time I took a more direct route to Halmahera via Timor and up towards Buna. I took care to not exceed 2048 TC,when I reached a point just north of Buna and encountered a slew of fishing boats I slowed to TC=1 to check them out. Bingo! CTD.
I'll look into that area especially. As for the other CTDs, there are a couple of calls that folks have found that are not good, and could potentially cause a CTD. Most of the ones found have been fixed for the next version... I'll double-check some more though...

Edit: OK, picture!

Eastern New Guinea, Buna is across from Port Moresby. The fishing boat and sampan groups have 3 vessels tops, some two, some only one, spawn generally at 100% every 48 hours, minimal looping, all terminate, so a build-up of them, ala the old HarborTraffic layer is nigh-on impossible - not completely impossible, just "difficult to accomplish"... suspicion at this time points to corruption in the Saved game... might have more info later.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna

Last edited by propbeanie; 08-11-18 at 01:06 PM. Reason: pictures... pretty...
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote