View Single Post
Old 03-24-17, 06:57 AM   #1346
Stiebler
Fuel Supplier

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 4

Hi Tycho,
Nice to hear from you again.

And thanks very much for your clarification of the NYGM damage model. I play only NYGM and I had forgotten the differences between the NYGM damage model and stock SH3 and other super-mods like GWX (which uses the stock damage model - I've just checked.)

Reported Difficulties with NYGM Damage Model.
This still leaves the issue of how Kendras and Benzin1973 have files without the necessary commenting out of the icons, eg ;[ICON1].

If you download NYGM 2.5 Tonnage War from the SH3-SubSim site again, you can confirm for yourselves that the damage1-3.cfg files have various icons commented out. So all you have to do is use JSGME to remove all existing mods from your SH3 set-up, then reinstall the NYGM 2.5 Tonnage War mod again to overwrite completely your incorrect damage1-3.cfg files (and any other incorrect files). Then load the other parts of NYGM into place.

And can I be the first to remark?, before anyone else does, that the FuMB37XXIIIINYGM mod, intended for overlay of NYGM in 1944-5, contains a menu\cfg\damage3.cfg file that does NOT have the icons commented out. This is for compatibility with Tomi's XXIII U-boat, an excellent model. This does not affect any of the other U-boats (unless you are still using a Type II, which is supposed to be obsolete by 1944 anyway!).

Restore magnetic/impact pistol switch in NYGM. This was removed by Der Teddy Bar (fixed magnetic switch) in order to simulate the unreliability of torpedoes early in the war. Therefore I do not recommend that you change this mod.
However... if you are also using H.sie's hard-code patch, which also makes the torpedoes less reliable, then probably it is better to allow the magnetic/impact pistol switch again.
Locate file Data\Menu\Cfg\Dials.cfg (make a back-up somewhere).
Open Dials.cfg in Notepad and search for 'DIAL_TORP_PISTOL' - there should be four entries, numbered differently depending on whether you are using the original NYGM optics, or the same file in Hitman's Optics mod, which is supplied as part of the NYGM_2017A package in folder 'Documentation'. (Hitman's Optics is much superior to the stock system.)

For these four search hits, change the associated value of DialVal=45,45 to DialVal=-45,45. That is all that is required.
[Edit - I forgot to mention that Hitman's Optics mod included with NYGM_2017A already includes the change of the four DialVals to -45,45.]
[Edit 2 - Belatedly noticed that the NYGM_2017A.7z download file contains both NYGM_2017 AND NYGM_2017A. Of course, you need to install only NYGM_2017A. I've put another copy of NYGM_2017A.7z onto the SubSim-NYGM web-site, identical to the previous except that it lacks the unwanted NYGM_2017 folder. Sorry about that.]

Stiebler.

Last edited by Stiebler; 03-24-17 at 07:21 AM.
Stiebler is offline   Reply With Quote