View Single Post
Old 01-24-18, 05:35 PM   #91
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlan5031 View Post
I have a nice new Del Alienware Gaming laptop. It comes with Windows 10. I installed SH 4 Gold from Amazon. The unmodded game runs with no problems so far. However, none of the downloaded mods can be made to show up. I have used JSGME/MODS setup in my other games successfully but not on SH 4. The installed mods show on my JSGME enabler and transfer from active/inactive, but they don't show up in the game.
I've read this thread and tried to follow the ideas and directions as well as I could without success.
The same version of SH 4 is on my old Windows 7 pc, and it works well.
Ant ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Usually, when mods that show as activated in JSGME don't show in the game itself, it's either a bad mod folder structure, or you've got the game installed in the "C:\Program Files (x86)" folder. If it's your install, you could copy the "Ubisoft" folder and then paste it into the root of C:\, so that you have "C:\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter Wolves of the Pacific...". You'll have to change your shortcuts and all, but the game doesn't care where it is. You could also uninstall and then re-install it in a different folder. Windows "protects" the "Program Files..." folders from alteration, which is what mods do.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote