View Single Post
Old 08-12-21, 03:11 PM   #7
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 440
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Mardigan View Post
As for the absence of replies... this asking wasn't that long ago posted... I wouldn't stress it too much yet...
not stressin' here bro!... - Arlo using that "I'm with you fellers!" gif, set off my use of the "Oh Brother, Where Art Though" video, where at the end of the session, the studio owner bangs on the window and says somethin' to the effect "Y'all com-on in he-ar and sign this here contract, an' I'll pay ya $10 each!" and the George Clooney character replies with "OK sir, but uh, Mert and Aloysius will have to sign Xs, as only four of us can write." Of course, there's only the four of them in the studio... - Kind of like my old high school band trying to get pay for our roadies when our contract said "... pay each band member $50..." They did not say "performer", they said "member"... we always considered the guys who helped us load the trucks and set-up / tear-down as part of the band, along with the sound board man and the light man... most folks didn't see it that way though - "say, there's only five guys on stage! why are you asking pay for nine?!?!!" - anyway, that's the reasoning behind the "How many of your are there?... 'n' only three of yas kinn rite?..." line, not that I was worried about no one replying.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote