View Single Post
Old 11-01-15, 02:00 PM   #281
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Downloads: 581
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Even so, apparently, new campaigns occasionally fail to become available for a reason that is outside my understanding, and you are left with no other chance than using Vecko's silentotto workaround.
Yes, because tonnage bar bug is not JUST "tonnage bur bug". In this case the game has no ability to modify Campaign.cfg file at all and therefore campaign ending can not be triggered...

Quote:
If MaMa's fix works as promised, Vecko's campaign modifications will still be valid, and new campaigns will become available by date without need of using the silentotto cheat.
Exactly

@ Vecko
As we are on it: when MaMa's fix will be fully tested and hopefully working, what do you think about:
- keeping campaign pass/fail tonnage requirements hidden, for the same reason;
- setting campaigns tonnage requirements reasonably high (or low). Let's say just a bit over the average tonnage historically scored by u-boat camptains within the same time-frame/scenario.
- restoring OHs' original campaign dependencies, so that the best skilled players will be given more campaign options to choose from than average players?
This is to simulate highly successfull campaigns opening new scenarios, and Ubootwaffe aces being awarded for their achievements with the chance of taking part into them.
That would be perfectly OK IF we could find solutions for following issues:

1. If certain tonnage objective is not fulfilled and deadline date of the objective is skipped due to patrol ending, all of the following objectives will be blocked afterwards, until campaign ends...
2. In this situation the game will also CTD when next patrol is started and first midnight is reached...
3. Tonnage objective can be "filled up" even with neutral ships on your score. In this case we would have contradictory consequences, rating penalties and awards in the form of "prize campaign/objective"?!
4. Ship sunk, tonnage bar filled correctly.. Another ship sunk, few kilometers east or west and tonnage bar stays still?! What now? (Tonnage bar zones have invisible borders)
5. If a captain, who plays smart and doesn't chase every fishing boat out there, fails all tonnage objectives, he will not be able to pass to the next campaign even if his overall tonnage score is quite decent...

In this situations even Mama's solution won't help and the issues are directly caused by developers sloppy implementation of a new arcade feature into SH5 (aka TONNAGE BAR*).

Quote:
As I have already said in the past, I like the freedom we get from your campaign modification, but I feel that what matters now is just collecting renown points and killing warships, which (warships) should be our least concern anyway. We could even set all ship's tonnage to zero, and our campaign would be unaffected.
You've just described Silent Hunter games in general...

The best would be if you could set up one Campaign.cfg to reflect your ideas ... Then we could discus potential benefits and issues...

*- I hope you'll die...

Last edited by vdr1981; 03-03-16 at 05:37 PM.
vdr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote