Thread: [REL] FOTRS Ultimate Project
View Single Post
Old 05-29-19, 08:55 PM   #8219
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 440
Uploads: 2

CapnScurvy did simplify the equipment upgrades, which in theory, should work better. Sometimes though, as we've found, the game doesn't always work sensibly much less consistently, nor does it like "theory"... - 2 cases in point, the equipment upgrade and the "Morse Code Segment"... I just finished making a pdf of CapnScurvy's equipment list for the next release, so I'll pack that up and post it here sometime tonight (if I make it back to the computer early enough) or tomorrow.

Somewhere in the game is an automatic delay for the subs and their equipment, with Pearl getting the new stuff first (always), Midway and / or Brisbane next, and Fremantle last, with Dutch Harbor apparently being too cold to merit much of anything... The thing of it is, the Balao patrolled from Brisbane before it patrolled from Pearl, so Brisbane in early 1943 was more important and closer to the action than Pearl... Just remember that if Scurvy's list says equipment is available on say May 31st, 1943, that that particular date is the ~earliest~ it will show up, and it might be six months before you actually get it where your home port is - especially if you're in Alaska - I mean, look at the subs they got there...

It would be nice though, if there was a way to work out maybe a "Renown for equipment" deal, where if you get a new sub, and you want to carry your AA complement over, you can "buy" it... - it would take me a year or more to do something that CapnScurvy could do in a day though... - fingers are crossed for it to work much better this next release.

Edit: It's amazing what you can do with a fone. Scary too... Anyway, go to here for the pdf:

Submarine Equipment UpgradesV90RC2.pdf

The link will go "dead" once RR gets the next release passed his & the team's tests. The contents might also change without notice, as well as that "version number" in the name...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna

Last edited by propbeanie; 05-29-19 at 09:36 PM. Reason: Linkie
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote