View Single Post
Old 07-08-20, 06:44 AM   #16
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 440
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaleunMarco View Post
so....playing with the parameters...........

what would happen if i set the RenownAwarded to 5000 and left the PhotoValue at 35?

what would happen if i set the RenownAwarded to 350 and changed the PhotoValue to 100?
The "PhotoValue=" and the "MinPhotoValueThreshold=" are interrelated, but I cannot remember how... divisible by 2? or maybe it was an even divisible of any form... I would have to try to find my old notes for those, which might take a long while (I don't remember which drive they are on, much less which folder they're in), or do more experiments, which would also take a while... For testing purposes, I take those PatrolObjective missions, and add a submarine in just outside of the circle, and then "Save Normal Mission As..." to a Single Mission. That makes it a pinch easier to deal with changing the values. But the ship's Sea folder cfg file "RenownAwarded" also plays in the equations. which is why these foto missions without a given "target" can be so difficult to fulfill. If you have a given target, you can set the values to a known-good value. However, if you or a group of airplanes happen to sink that particular target prior to fulfilling the objective, why you are just out of luck, because it can be most difficult to match the PhotoValue with another ship's RenownAwarded value...

This is why we have a dedicated PhotoTarget in FotRSU, and why lurker made a couple for RSRDC. That way, you can set their RenownAwarded much lower, making the "math" of PhotoValue versus MinPhotoValueThreshold much easier to deal with...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote