View Single Post
Old 05-27-13, 09:29 AM   #165
Stiebler
Fuel Supplier

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 4

@Runio,

This is a puzzling problem.

I don't think an MD5 check serves any purpose, because it depends on which options are selected.

There is clearly a fault:
Either with your patch. (You should make another patch. Remember you need to patch a copy of SH3.exe already modified by H.sie's patch. Make sure you are using the correct copy of SH3.exe.)
Or with the other changes you need to make to other files. Have you made these other changes?

In particular, if you are using GWX, you must make sure that all references to the CAM-ship are removed. Remove the CAM-ship from the 4B patch package, where you will find it as M36B in the package folder data\sea\M36B (remove the whole M36B folder). Also remove the M36B reference in data\roster\Sea\british\.

There are two key tests you need to perform:
1. Remove the Stiebler 4b patch - I presume you installed it with JSGME - but leave in place H.sie's patch. Does the game still run properly?
2. Download from the link below the special GWX patch that I made for the game, because so many people reported CTDs due to the M36B problem. The patch below contains all the changes needed, and can replace the original 4B patch folder. But you must still provide the patched SH3.exe file.

http://www.subsim.com/mods1/nygm/GWX...n_for_V16B1.7z

3. If the crashes continue, do they occur when you first double-click on the sh3.exe icon? Or do they occur after you have entered the main menu of the game?
This is an important diagnostic.
4. Finally, make sure that you remove ALL other mods (except H.sie V16G1 patch) from your game before applying the Stiebler 4B patches. Test after the 4b patch is in place, and before you add any other mods.

Better luck next time!
Stiebler.
Stiebler is offline   Reply With Quote