Old 06-26-19, 08:05 AM   #8294
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by merc4ulfate View Post
... Here is your calculator ... Calculator
That's the kind of stuff I need for "math"... I am definitely "numberically challenged", to the point that sometimes, I have trouble calculating my home address...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immelmann View Post
... I've never seen such detailed Operational Orders in SH4 before! A nice touch.
Thanks for the input. We are really curious if this, and the multiple objectives are desireable, or go back to the single (maybe two) objective missions, and then just let the player ask for more via Status Report. The problem being that first of all, a person cannot score enough points with just one objective usually. Second of all, both Pearl but especially the Asiatic boats, where shuffled all over the place early, very similarly to what the Japanese and Germans did to their boats throughout the war. Very little wiggle room for the skipper's "autonomy". By 1945, the US reverted back to micro-managing the boats, but of course, there was a LOT of friendly traffic out there by then, and fratricide was entirely too common.

Quote:
... Map contact description changes from ship to unknown? I've seen aircraft radar contacts being labled as ships on the map for some time now. Are these issues that cannot be addressed by modding outside the game core engine?

Thanks for putting the ship outlines back on the contact map!...
The game will show sunk ship icons for plane crashes, but if you're seeing the description change, that is usually due to AI issues, such that a crewman sees a ship over the horizon and IDs it. Then they "lose" contact. Then the ship is again "seen", but cannot be identified as a particular ship. The same happens with radar and sonar when on the "fringe" of functionality for the device. This is where the planes might be IDd as ships, in that the radar does not maintain contact long enough to get an accurate read of the speed, so defaults to "Ship". If you're seeing that when at close range, let us know... The ships outlines will be something for an add-in mod after full-release, but what you see in v0.90 is the new "base" display.

Quote:
... I would like to actually embed these twitch videos into my forum posts. But it looks to me like that is not possible...
You might PM Webster or Sailor Steve, the mod(erator)s, and see if they know if it's possible. The YouTube functionality is a site "short-cut" that when the site see's a video link, it links it as a YouTube video. You might be running into the site "seeing" your Twitch link as a video, and it's trying to make it into a YouTube link, but fails... ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kieldk View Post
... Love the new detailed operations order!...

... I dont Got Any air radar from career start in dec 41 anymore?...
Thanks for the feedback on the orders. I hope to be able to follow-through with all of the objective files that aren't linked with the DynamicMiss to have something like that. Glad you like it. The way you did the install is fine. The main things are a clean install and to delete the Save folder before playing FotRSU, whether you do it before or after activation ~usually~ does not matter. As for the radar, it used to be that if you were in an S-Boat, you would not have surface radar for a while, not even with a renown purchase. However, be sure that you have the surface radar turned on. It is off by default. If you look at the "SH4_Q-Ref_Card_Front.jpg" file in the game's "root" folder, you'll see that you can turn the SD radar on and off with the <T> key, and the SJ with <Alt><T> combo, or just go to the radar menu, and use the On/Off button on the right of that page's buttons.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote