Thread: [REL] FOTRS Ultimate Project
View Single Post
Old 08-23-16, 07:48 PM   #1529
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 440
Uploads: 2

Paint me in agreement for S7rikeback to be on the "inner ring", as MS says for their stuffs... That way, cdrsubron7 and him could do that "Maru Ships Mod for FotRS Ultimateİ" hint-hint-hint...

I also agree whole-heartedly with RR about the lopsided imbalance between the sonar and the radar. Re-read my diatribe on my last encounter prior to being cornered... I got sonar way ahead of radar. I sat at the radar screen, zoomed in, trying to read the scale and bearing in order to get me at least an imprecise place to place an "X" on the chart. By the time I got a couple marks on the chart, I realized that the lead DD was at 5900 and closing. YIKES! Like I said before, if it hadn't been for the fog that morning, I'd have died then. As it was, later that day, that same fog let them get me surrounded. Then using their super fog binoculars (S.F.Beez), they had me straddled before I was getting under water.

I'm in the process of spreadsheeting the AI Levels Chooser that cdrsubron7 posted, versus "stock", and then I'll go look at my TMO 1.7 and 2.5, which I think I've still got, and go through some of them and see what I see. So far, nothing in the FotRS AI Levels looks wrong (and minimal changes @ Level #3). FotRS v2 is built on v1.3, built on TMO v1.7, at least going by the ReadMe. I do not recall having encountered this many DD groups in v1.3, which I played quite a bit. I've only played v2.0 a little, and mostly at the beginning of our endeavor here, in order to get a flavor of it for future comparison. Of interest from the ReadMe:

What's new in V2.0? First of all is V2.0 you blow over all other SH4 Mods purely from the graphics side, many changes affected the 3D models, the atmosphere, the effects, the textures and everything so falls under the great word "immersion". Let überaschen you. The sinking behavior of the ships were completely changed, sink ships not as fast, which can sometimes depending on where the ship was hit already take an hour until the "Pott" flooded. The sensor system has been heavily customized, it can happen that you ever will you shelled out good 8000-10000 meters with a clear view of a destroyer / cruiser / battleship unless your boat was discovered. V2.0 forces you to really take the name of the game seriously, Silent Hunter is not only the name of the game but it should be your "Program". There are countless new ships, the number of Japanese destroyers / U-hunter has more than doubled compared to the previous version.

Super Ducimus?...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote