Thread: [REL] FOTRS Ultimate Project
View Single Post
Old 07-31-16, 08:51 AM   #978
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 440
Uploads: 2

It's amazing sometimes, what a person can find on the internet. It also amazes me how "detailed" some folks get, and those little details... The "little" guys that get lost in the big picture. The struggle for survival.

Royal Thai Navy WWII on a different site, of course.

I never knew they were "Axis"... 'Course, big, world military powerhouse steamrolling through the area, it may have been to their advantage. A couple of those ships, and not just that one Thai ship, look like if they did a broadside with those big guns, that they'd roll over and capsize from the shock. Even the size of the forward turret's guns look to be almost enough to "tip the scale" if just turned to a broadside...

An Iowa broadside. I got the picture from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iowa-c...a_bb-61_pr.jpg Imagine being a fish below that behemoth...

I found a few references to when the US Navy, for the build-up in the 80's, went to put modern electronics on the Iowa Class BBs, that the shock from the big guns being shot would knock things out, actually destroy the electronics... wow.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna

Last edited by propbeanie; 07-31-16 at 09:14 AM. Reason: changed picture link
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote