View Single Post
Old 03-05-21, 12:46 PM   #2827
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 440
Uploads: 2

I had a list somewhere of the mods that were almost certainly compatible (also "famous last words"), but I cannot find it, so here we go from oldmanitis brain fahrtz:
  1. 252_D3D9_AntiLag = no longer recommended with 'modern' graphics cards
  2. 301_MoreDifficultAI = part of the "base" mod now
  3. 399c_NoScrollNavMap - SameSizedDials = NOT compatible - a menu_1024_768 file
  4. 399_NoScrollNavMap = NOT compatible - a menu_1024_768 file
  5. 399_Same Size HUD Dials = NOT compatible - a menu_1024_768 file
  6. 454c_Easy AOB_InputTargetDistance = Possibly compatible (dials)
  7. 454_Easy AOB = Possibly compatible (dials)
  8. 525_v0.75_Camera = part of the "base" mod now
  9. 650_LotsaDudz = should be compatible, though very frustrating
  10. 650_MoreDudz = should be compatible, but frustrating
  11. 650_OriginalFOTRS_Dudz = should be compatible, AOTD_MadMax's "mix" of "crazy" (~Mad~)
  12. 901_Strategic_Map_Symbols = probably compatible
  13. MoonlightsSonarLine (can't remember the numbering) = should be compatible
  14. One other mod I cannot remember... sigh
The 3000 yard bearing tool is twice as big as the one in FotRSU, and as such, does eat more memory, but with the 'modern' computer, that should not impact you. I have not looked at that at all yet, so YMMV from Moonlight's.

Version 1.39 is a stand-alone package, not an upgrade to v1.2x, or any previous versions. As for release date for v1.4x, s7rikeback7 finished weeks ago, but I keep falling behind while attempting to fix the issues from the use of an interim edit Flotillas file in v1.39. I apparently deleted the wrong file from my hard drive prior to the build - I don't know - but I am having to rebuild what I had. The intention was to get a "skeleton" for a later add-in mod, but I am putting some "flesh" on the bones now, just to make certain of the fixes. So I am going to "guess" (computer geek for "I don't know when") a week or two (again). I am going through the 23 Flotillas (most are transfer-in locations), doing a test-start for each boat, and trying to make certain the transfers work, then fixing them as I encounter issues. Troubles are fewer and further between, but I am still finding the occasional typo, which "bombs" everything when encountered, and are often very difficult to find. I would go ahead and start new Careers, or start running through cdrsubron7's selection of SingleMissions, most of which can be thought of as War Patrols, without the origination and termination requirements. They can take hours each by themselves. You do have to be careful of some of the War Patrols in v1.39. I have found one thus far that will CTD the computer as it launches. The name escapes my Hogan's Heroes Stalag 13 brain. However, cdrsubron7's Patrol, and all of the converted Stock Patrols, as well as the Alaskan Patrols should function...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote