View Single Post
Old 12-12-08, 10:36 AM   #60
Digital_Trucker
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 141
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm goin' down
I tried installing GIEP several months ago. I failed and gave up. I just tried again. I am deleting everything so I can start over with a new set of instructions. I download GIEP into mods. I download Captains Girl #1 and Captains Girls #21 into my mods folder. I actived GIEP via JSGME. I extracted Captains girls photos and thumbnails into a Captains Girl Folder in mods and copied it to the main SH4 folder where the Data file is located. Nothing works. I tried different things and they did not work either. I do not know what a hot key is and how to set it up, so that advice in one the posts is useless to me. Can someone give me a step by step tutorial on what to do. THIS IS EXTREMELY FRUSTRATING AND I AM READY TO KICK MY DOG AS I AM LOSING IT!
First of all, don't download the mod into your mods folder. Download it somewhere else and extract it. Then follow the directions in the readme (important parts highlighted)

Installation instructions :

Once you have decompressed the archive, you will find a folder named GirlInEveryPort. Either place that folder in your MODS folder (preferred method) and use JSGME to activate itor place it's contents into your BlahBlahBlah folder (what's a BlahBlahBlah folder, you ask? It's the folder that you installed SH4 into. THe one that contains the Data folder).

Once you have done that, you will find a folder in your game install folder named Captain'sGirls. This is where you put your correctly sized .tga format desk pictures. As always, please keep backups of your pictures in case some little gremlin gets in and messes the ones in the Captain'sGirls folder up or you decide to uninstall SH4 and delete the install folder forgetting that all your pics are in there.

You can put the pictures in loose (not in folders) or you can organize them into folders (and even subfolders if you're that organized). The program doesn't care where they are as long as they are somewhere in the Captain'sGirls folder and they are .tga files.

After you've placed all your pics in the folder, you have a decision to make. Do you want any of the pictures to be used more than once before the others are used? This program uses a purely random (at least as random as Visual Basic can be) algorithm to determine which picture to use next. This could result in the same picture being on your desk more than once. The program is set up to avoid this by renaming the pictures as it uses them until it has used them all and then resetting the names and starting over again with a random choice. If you DON'T want the program to do this, you must run it with a command line argument of Y (or y). If you don't know how to do this, I'll explain it in a second.

OK, you've got the program installed and you have your pictures in place and you've decided how you want the program to operate. What do you do now? First, find the GirlInEveryPort.exe file in your game install file and create a shorcut to it on your desktop (or where ever you keep your shortcuts). Then right click on that shortcut and select properties. If you decided to allow repeats, then this is where you put in your command line argument. You will see a text box labeled "Target". In the box will be the path to the program. This path will be either enclosed in quotes (") or not. Either way, go to the end of the path and and a space and the letter Y (or y). That takes care of the repeats. If you don't want to allow repeats, don't add anything. Now click on the text box next to the heading "Shortcut key". WHen you do, the system will start "listening" for you to enter the key/key combination that you want to use for a "hotkey" for this shortcut.
Press the key combination you want to use now (I used control-alt-R). You should see your key combination in the text box now. Lastly, click the arrow next to the drop down box labelled "Run" and select minimized. Once that is all done press apply and then OK.

RSM-GIEP-Killflags-LV Tribute-Playable Elco __Peace be with you, Dave.

Digital_Trucker is offline   Reply With Quote