View Single Post
Old 07-06-17, 08:38 AM   #1564
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 441
Uploads: 2

Not a mention in my area of John Blackwell Jr.'s passing... such is the state of "news" where every half hour they repeat the top five stories ad infinitum ad nauseum, do 50 segments for the weather (which is usually wrong within 5 minutes), and then a 30 minutes sports segment... sigh... anyway, I'll miss his skin banging... oops, that doesn't sound right... - but it really is a musician's term...

My brother bought the 'Cecilia' 45 (rpm, that is, as in 'record'), and my mom ended up breaking it ("... up in my bedroom..."), like she did my 'Steppenwolf' LP (as in 33 rpm 'record') because of 'The Pusher'... such were the days. Nowadays, every other song out there is laced with expletive-deletives as a matter of course. I bought Sticky Fingers the day it came out in the local store. My mom did not like the cover. She thought it inappropriate for a Sophomore is high school, so the 'zipper' came off the front cover... I accused my mom of secretly wanting to get ahold of Keith Richards... - she didn't like that joke... Anyway, excellent jams fellers! Let's pick it up some:

What is happening with some of these videos on ToobYu, where they're changing the 'original' posting to these "slick" things that aren't the same, like they're worked over with overdubs and then re-posted?... I like the originals better!... Reminds me of modern-day radio, where they use a "re-mix" version of old songs, and splash the reverb on extra heavy. What was wrong with the old version that you had to get rid of it?...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna