View Single Post
Old 02-19-15, 06:35 AM   #1200
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Downloads: 581
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by eagleFMJ View Post
Great compilation of mods loving it so far!

I am having a bit of trouble though, I am trying to figure out this "Real Nav" mod. I have followed the install instructions exactly, I also have the Steam version of the game, I got the Generic Patcher working thanks to sirrawrsalot's thread.

I have only enabled Megamod first, patch3 2nd & TDW real nav 3rd via JSGME. I get no errors and everything thing seems to have installed properly.

In game I have enabled the real nav script for the time of day. When I click the "Celestial" fix button the navigator reports back no coordinates, even on clear weather. Is there a trick to get this working? Dead reckoning seems to work fine today however yesterday is was like way off, lol.

I am a nOOB when it comes to the real nav stuff, so is there something I have over looked?

Here is a screenshot http://i.imgur.com/pZ7nsTr.jpg
Seems fine to me...Navigator needs some time to take celestial fix, 1-2 h...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinsue View Post
Update....Just replaced the entire Silent Hunter 5 with a pristine version, did the required patching etc.

Using the original saves in "SH5 User My Documents", I still only get 14 knots!!!

It would appear to have to be one of the files in "SH5 User My Documents" as everything else is pristine....I just can't find which one
You must start new campaign when you editing submarine sim files(or enababling the mod which change them). If I remember correctly I stated that in the redme documantation for RUP too...You shoud not use old game saves.
vdr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote