Old 06-22-22, 03:05 PM   #1390
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 440
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kapitän View Post
Hi propbeanie,

Wow, seems to be a real science and YOU are the professor! Many thanks for your answers!

Quick clarification questions:

- When you say 'Stock Game', you mean Sh4 Pacific Wolves, yes? Yes

- What does 'FotRSU' stand for? Fall of the Rising Sun mod - US Pacific fleet boats

- When you say, 'We set all airplanes and airbases to "Elite', who is meant with 'We'? The FotRSU Mod Team

- When looking at 'my' (KSDII-Ace) airstrike.cfg settings, is it in your estimation 'normal' that I would not encounter any A/C? Eh... as BH says, experiment

- Which settings should I use to increase the probabilty of A/C attacks?

Thanks again!
The AirBase Modifiers up top are rather high, so when you do get a response, it will be quick, it will be often, it might then also be continuous, and most likely deadly. The original Fall of the Rising Sun mod team had airstrikes set more frequently, and especially around the upper Solomon Islands into the Bismarck Sea, around Formosa, and off Kyushu to Honshu, you might encounter so many planes that you could not charge your batteries. Some of that was probably from the fact that the mod was origininally in SH4 v1.4, and we converted it to SH4 v1.5, which might have affected sensors.

Anyway, I would probably start with turning down the AirBase Modifiers a bit, and then increase what Bubblehead1980 mentions, but I don't think I would go very much higher than what the mod already has. You are liable to be blanketed with airplanes once you are sighted. I would probably then decrease the Logic Steps down to maybe 35 for an experiment, and see if that does the trick.

Early in the war, there are not enough airplanes for the Allies, and not many that could do the long haul of an ocean search. Once Lend/Lease kicks in, then the airplane traffic should increase, and once you get to mid to late 1942, you should find it rather difficult to get across the Bay of Biscay without being spotted at least once, and having to deal with "hiding" for a while by direction and speed changes submerged, causing you to take at least twice as long to get out of the air coverage there. When the H/K CVE groups start to roam about the place, and radar improves, you would expect to be Leigh-lighted a time or two at night, and you never having seen any indication of inbound radar beams...

In SH3, the only time I made it past Spring of 1943 was when I started the game then... - I have not played enough KSD or DW or OM to get a handle on how they are when the Happy Times are over and Black May approaches... But "experimentation" and "one setting at a time" are the catch phrases when trying to adjust the AirStrike cfg file. Also, you might open the Mission Editor and then the respective "... AirCover.mis" files to see where the Land AirBases are, and what their CrewRating is set to. The "default" in the game for them is "Competent", and a "Competent" plane cannot do a dive bombing and survive... they'll crash into the ocean, or "stall" when pulling out of the dive. Even at "Elite", they do stupid stuff, like flying into mountains, but at least they can manage to get a couple of strafing runs in on you... usually. But then of course, at Elite, they have a better chance of dropping a 500kg bomb right down the conn hatch...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote